It's hard to believe but a year later, I am back in the wonderemployment pool. Except this time, I'm not going to be underemployed, I'm straight up going to be unemployed. I just found out that I've been laid off, effective November.
I did not see this coming, partly because I was working on a well-funded project, and partly because I feel like I got this job so recently. I can't believe I'm going to have to get back out there again.
I am not the only one in this boat at my office, so I've had lots and lots of conversations with people about what this means, why this happened, and what will happen next. There are no real answers, but at least I don't feel alone. Curtis, my family, and the few friends I've been able to talk to have been nothing but kind and supportive.
Just like last time, I'm trying to focus on the opportunity to reevaluate and figure out what is best for me. It's hard to think clearly about what I really want and need from my professional life when I have to weigh it against what I already have. Now that I have nothing secured, I have more freedom to be honest with myself.
I have very little bandwidth to soul search or job search right this minute though. I need some time to absorb the news and get over the hurt of a bruised ego.
I'll take any good vibes you can send my way, as I go back into the waters.
I did not see this coming, partly because I was working on a well-funded project, and partly because I feel like I got this job so recently. I can't believe I'm going to have to get back out there again.
I am not the only one in this boat at my office, so I've had lots and lots of conversations with people about what this means, why this happened, and what will happen next. There are no real answers, but at least I don't feel alone. Curtis, my family, and the few friends I've been able to talk to have been nothing but kind and supportive.
Just like last time, I'm trying to focus on the opportunity to reevaluate and figure out what is best for me. It's hard to think clearly about what I really want and need from my professional life when I have to weigh it against what I already have. Now that I have nothing secured, I have more freedom to be honest with myself.
I have very little bandwidth to soul search or job search right this minute though. I need some time to absorb the news and get over the hurt of a bruised ego.
I'll take any good vibes you can send my way, as I go back into the waters.
Sending Love your way Mai
ReplyDeleteAwww I didn't read this until now. Hang in there Mai!
ReplyDelete