I miss the Valentine's Days of elementary school, when I got to decorate a little mailbox and write cards to all my classmates. I put a lot of time into my cards, putting extra care into the cards for my BFFs and crushes of course! It's hard to find time these days to do nice things like that, but I found a good reason to this year.
Meals on Wheels has a "Love Letters" campaign this year asking youth to make Valentines for seniors. Many older adults suffer from isolation and depression, so this is a small way to show them that someone in their community is thinking of them. Here is a PSA explaining the project (I'm too old to know who this celeb is):
I wanted to get my mentee Gabbie involved in this project with me, so I gathered some construction paper, markers, and cute printables (gems and conversation hearts) to get our creativity going. Her friend joined us too, and I was happy that they really got into it. We made 19 cards total, and I sent them to the Santa Clara County Meals on Wheels.

Comments
Post a Comment