This first week of working part time felt more stressful than my normal full time schedule. First, I ended up working four days, which considering all the holidays we've had, isn't much different. Disappointingly, I failed on my first attempt to do something good with my time off. I was scheduled to give blood on Tuesday, but ended up throwing up the night before and feeling incredibly weak by morning. I kid you not, the last FOUR times I've signed up to give blood, I've gotten sick and been unable to do it. I'm not sure what kind of sign that is. But I will persevere and try again next week!
I had an interview on Thursday. Normally that would be good news, but since it already passed, I can confidently say it did not go very well. For one, I'm blatantly under-qualified for the position (according to their stated minimum qualifications, not my own assessment) and it was hard to skirt that issue. But worse than that, I was SO damn nervous and it showed. I usually can calm myself to a reasonable degree before interviews, but this time, I couldn't tamp down the anxiety. For the first 5-10 minutes (it was hard to tell time...), I was talking so fast I literally had to stop mid-sentence to breathe. I'm sure that screamed, "I'm confident and qualified". I don't know why that happened, but I'm trying my hardest to just put it behind me and focus on the positive. Week 1, interview 1. This is just the beginning... the warm-up.
I had an interview on Thursday. Normally that would be good news, but since it already passed, I can confidently say it did not go very well. For one, I'm blatantly under-qualified for the position (according to their stated minimum qualifications, not my own assessment) and it was hard to skirt that issue. But worse than that, I was SO damn nervous and it showed. I usually can calm myself to a reasonable degree before interviews, but this time, I couldn't tamp down the anxiety. For the first 5-10 minutes (it was hard to tell time...), I was talking so fast I literally had to stop mid-sentence to breathe. I'm sure that screamed, "I'm confident and qualified". I don't know why that happened, but I'm trying my hardest to just put it behind me and focus on the positive. Week 1, interview 1. This is just the beginning... the warm-up.
Comments
Post a Comment